Guide to finding government documents related to SOCW 555.
Besides the following resources, you may also search news on relevant agencies' websites.
- Congressional (ProQuest)
- Illinois State Legislative Branch
Links to Illinois General Assembly, Bill or Resolution Search,
Compiled Statutes Search, District / Elected Official Search
Lobbyist Registration & Reporting, Public Act Search, and more
- LegalTrac (SIU Law Library subscription)
- LexisNexis Academic Search
- LexisNexis Legal Search
- National Conference of State Legislatures
Legislatures and election, state and federal committees, policy position (e.g. Health Reform Policy), letters, testimonies, issues and research (e.g. State Legislation Challenging Certain Health Reforms, 2010), book store, magazine, resources and directories
Search proposed rules, final rules, read public comments, etc. e.g. searching "proposed rules" on “health care” found 1604 results.
- SIU Law Library: Health Law and Policy
- Thomas, Library of Congress
- Census 2000 Gateway
"Provides access to the American FactFinder, 200 Census tables, 1990 Census tables, and the Historical Census Browser." Search Tip: Click Subject List>Health>health care and social assistance; health insurance; small area health insurance estimates; etc
- Census 2010 Gateway
Search by states or subject (e.g.subject "health")>
- Health Data & Statistics Research Guide
By Michigan State University.
- Health Services Research (HSR) Information Central
Search tips: You can search the topic e.g. "Health Care Reform, Health Economics, and Health Policy" > You will find related data, tools, statistics; guidelines, journals, videos, blogs, press release, statements, reports, briefing, key organizations/programs, etc.
- Healthy People 2020
- Illinois Project for Local Assessment of Needs (IPLAN)
- National Center for Health Statistics
- National Health Statistics (Online Guide By Texas Lutheran University Library)
An online index to articles in medical and life science journals, many available in full-text without charge. Also available are other online subject specific indices, NLM and NIH resources for consumers and professionals, and the TOXNET database on toxicology and related subjects. e.g. you may search "health care reform and statistics".
- WHO Statistical Information System (WHOSIS)