Navigate this Guide
This guide will introduce you to library resources and help you set up your free library accounts.Use the links below to find your way around.
|> Introduction to Morris Library|
|> Set-up your I-Share Account|
Frequently Asked Questions:
|> How do I Find My Librarian?|
|> Where can I Find Textbooks?|
|> How do I Print at Morris Library?|
|> Where can I get help with computer or tablet questions?|
Library Card = SIUC ID Card
Bring your SIUC ID Card with you to the library.
Your SIUC ID card works as your Library Card.
Use it to:
- Check out books
- Print/Copy (10cents/page based on Debit Dawg)
Your Network ID (siu85xxxxxxx) is your Library ID number.
Use it to:
- Log on to computers with valid Network ID & Password (see Computers tab above)
- Access library resources from off-campus
Off-campus and need to sign in?
Use your Network ID (siu85xxxxxxx) & Network ID password
Unauthorized sharing of your Network ID is prohibited.
"Violators are subject to disciplinary procedures of the university and, in addition, may lose computing privileges. Illegal acts involving the university's computing and networking facilities may also be subject to prosecution by state and federal authorities."
Has Your Address Changed?
Go to the Registrar's webpage for Information Change and for details on how to update you personal information, including your address and phone number.
Did you Register late?
Your ID might not be in the library's database. Bring your SIUC ID card and a copy of your class schedule to the Circulation Desk for help or call 618/453-1455.
Find your textbooks
Print at Morris Library
Use Your Debit Dawg card or purchase a copy card from the Debit Dawg machine.
Costs for printing are:
- Black & White = 10 cents / page
- Double sided = 15 cents / page
- Color printing = 50 cents / page
Add money to your Debit Dawg card:
- Online through the Debit Dawg website.
- Debit Dawg machine on the 1st floor of Morris (cash only, bring bills).
Where can I get help with computer or tablet questions?
Contact to SalukiTech on the 1st floor of the library for help with:
- VPN Installation (wireless)
- Laptop configuration
- Network ID
- Google Email & Apps
- Software applications
How do I get a Network ID, find my Dawg Tag number, or reset my passwords?
You can get help from SalukiTech or go to https://netid.siu.edu
Forwarding your Email
Morris Library will send notices regarding overdue books, etc to your University email address (example: email@example.com).
If you want to forward your SIUC email to another account (Gmail, Hotmail, etc)...
1. Logon to gmail.siu.edu with your Network ID and Password.
2. Click on Settings (upper right corner)
3. Click on Forward a copy of incoming mail
4. Enter the email address where you want your email to go (Gmail, Hotmail, etc)
5. Click on Save Changes on the bottom of your screen.
Options for Computing @ Morris
- Bring your laptop. We have wireless. You'll need to configure your machine.
- Follow the instructions from Campus IT.
- Having trouble? Ask us. We can help.
- Check out a laptop at the Circulation Desk (1st floor).
- Use our computers (All floors) of the library (Login using Network ID).
Adobe CS4 (1st floor only, Computers #23 - #32)
See what's in CS4 here
Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Publisher, OneNote, Lync)
Respondus LockDown Browser
Windows Media Player
How can I Save on Library Computers?
You can only save to a USB drive.
If you don't have a USB drive you can:
- Borrow a USB from the Information Desk (1st floor)
- Ask the Information Desk staff to teach you how to use the T drive (temporary)