What is I-Share @ Morris Library?
I-Share @ Morris Library
The online catalog that searches for items owned by libraries across Illinois, which includes items at Morris Library.
Why is the Library defaulting to I-Share?
The collections at Morris Library are very strong, but combine our collections with the other academic/research libraries in Illinois (I-Share), and the available resources are almost limitless – some 18 million volumes! Beginning in Summer 2011, Morris Library will change the default catalog search so that materials from all I-Share libraries are displayed. Most I-Share resources are available by an online request and you will receive items in 3-5 days at Morris. If your need is more immediate, you can limit your searching to SIUC library holdings only.
What if I want to see only what's available at SIUC?
There are two ways to see SIUC Only materials.
1. Limit to materials only owned by Morris Library by toggling to SIUC Only next to the search box.
2. Do your search, and then use the Limit on the right to select Show Southern Illinois University Carbondale Library Only.
Morris Library will send notices regarding overdue books, etc to your University email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you want to forward your SIUC email to another account (Gmail, Hotmail, etc)...
1. Logon to webmail.siu.edu with your Network ID and Password.
2. Click on Settings (upper right corner)
3. Click on Forward a copy of incoming mail
4. Enter the email address where you want your email to go (Gmail, Hotmail, etc)
5. Click on Save Changes on the bottom of your screen.