- Tuesday, Sep 18, 2012 to Tuesday, Sep 18, 2012: Demonstration Debate by the SIU Debate Team
Watch a demonstration debate by the 2008 NPTE National Champion SIU Debate Team over issues related to the U.S. Electoral College at Morris Library's Guyon Auditorium on the first floor, 3pm. A reception follows. The event is free and open to the public
- DOES YOUR VOTE COUNT? - Download PDF Flier
A Discussion of the Role of College Student Voters and the 2012 Election
Oct. 2 at 5 p.m. - Student Center, Ballroom C.
This dialogue is part of the “Raise Your Political Voice” project
sponsored at SIU by the Center for Service-Learning and Volunteerism,
Paul Simon Public Policy Institute Ambassador Program and the Department
of Political Science Ambassador Program. It is part of the National
Initiative on Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement sponsored by the
National Association of Student Personnel Administrators.
- 5 p.m.. Oct. 17, in Student Center Ballroom A. "SIU Carbondale's "Raise Your Political Voice Project" is sponsoring a discussion at The event follows two of three scheduled presidential debates, and the vice presidential debate. Those attending will view select clips from the debates and discuss the positions taken, counterpoints made, and how these political forums will affect the Nov. 6 general election."
- Date: Monday, November 12 Time: 5:00 pm - 6:15 pm
Description: Pizza & Politics: The 2012 Presidential Election: What Happened and Why. Analysis and discussion with David Yepsen, John Jackson and Charlie Leonard. Location: Paul Simon Public Policy Institute Lobby RSVP to: Carol Greenlee email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 618-453-4078
- Exhibit highlighting materials for researching historical and coming U.S. Presidential Election. Location: Exhibit case behind Delytes' Coffee Shop. First floor. Morris Library.Time: 10/24/2012-11/30/2012.
Associate Professor, Government Information Librarian