POLS 230 Writing Assignment
1) “Is the death penalty constitutional? Should states still use the death penalty?”
2) “Do we, as American citizens, have a constitutional right to own a firearm, and carry a firearm in
3) “Is affirmative action a proper policy for the government to utilize?”
4) “Should business owners with a religious objection to same sex marriage be allowed to deny services to same sex couples”?
This paper will require outside research.
- at least four outside sources to be used (e.g., from books, magazines, newspapers, and journals)
- list it in a bibliography at the end of your paper
- Internet sources are increasingly available, but should be avoided. For example, do not cite Wikipedia, ask.com, biography.com, answers.com, or any similar website.
six (6) pages
12 point font
Due: December 8th.
Welcome to the LibGuide created for POLS 230 Law in American Society to support your study!
Please use tabs above to navigate through the content on this LibGuide.
Should you have any question or need further assistance of using this guide or the resources listed on this guide, please feel free to contact Anna Xiong, Associate Professor, Library Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org, or use Ask A Librarian for instant help.
230-3 Law in American Society. This is an introductory course recommended for students who want to consider possible careers in law. The following topics will be covered: the relation between law, justice, morality and religion; types and sources of law and legal rules; origin and development of common law; the role of lawyers, judges and juries; legal education in the United States. These topics will be explored through lectures, discussion groups and occasional guest speakers.
3.000 Credit hours
More Reference Materials
Associate Professor, Government Information Librarian